Let The Kids Pack
- Tuesday, 19 April 2011
- Providing your child with a list of items to be packed gives them some responsibility for what they will need during the trip.
- Make a list of items to pack using words and pictures. Write the number of each item they will need.
- Allow your child time to select the listed items and lay them out.
- Check the items your child has selected and help them make alternate choices if need be.
- Place each day's outfit, including clothes, under clothes, socks, and hair accessories, in a gallon Ziplock baggie. Remove all of the air and seal the baggie. When you arrive at your destination, leave the clothes in the baggies and your child will know what to wear each day.
- Pack all of the baggies and other items in a child's size suitcase and make sure that they can pull their bag. Children ages three and up are able to pull their own suitcases in a reasonably sized airport or hotel.