- Tuesday, 01 November 2011
- Plane Travel
- Children ages three and up should be able to pack and carry their own airplane carry on. Of course, you should have some input as to what goes in the bag.
- Chose a backpack that is an appropriate size for your child. Walmart, Target and consignment stores have sizes for smaller children.
- Allow your child to select what they want to include in their carry on, with a little supervision from you. Make sure they understand that the backpack must be able to close.
- Have your child wear their backpack around the house for 30 minutes. If it gets too heavy, it's time to take some items out.
- Suggested activities to bring: music, books and/or audio books, painter's tape, playing cards, magnetic toys, stickers, small notebook, pencil, paper activities, lidded cup
- Check our bookstore for other suggestions.