Pony Bead Patterning
Patterning can be simple or complex and it's something children can learn at a very young age. Pony beads and pipe cleaners make a simple activity, at home, in the doctor's office, or at a restaurant, for kids to learn patterning.
- Multi colored pony beads
- Quart size Ziploc bag
- Pipe cleaners
- 1 piece of white cardstock
- Download the Pony Bead Patterning page onto cardstock. You will find the download on the right side of this page.
- Cut the patterning cards apart on the black lines.
- Color the "beads" on each card in a pattern that corresponds with the color of pony beads you are using. Young children can make simple A/B patterns such as red, blue, red, blue. Older children can make A/A/B patterns such as red, red, blue, red, red, blue, or A/B/C patterns such as red, yellow, blue, red, yellow, blue, etc.
- Once all of the cards are colored, laminate the cards for durability.
- Place the beads, cards and pipe cleaners in the Ziploc bag until your child is ready to use them.