When teachers talk about patterns they refer to them by alphabet letters. For instance, the most basic pattern is an AB pattern. That means that you are using two different objects such as a red pasta and a blue pasta. An ABABAB pasta pattern would be red, blue, red, blue, red, blue. An ABB pattern would be red, blue, blue. An ABC pattern would be red, blue, yellow.
- Colored pasta
- Demonstrate how to make several different patterns with the pasta.
- Make a pattern and have your child continue the pattern.
- Allow your child to create a pattern and then you can add on to it.
- Make a pattern necklace or pattern picture.
- Kids can make pasta pattern necklaces or just glue colored pasta patterns onto paper.