You don't have to have any special equipment for water play.
- Plastic tub
- Toys, plastic cups, cooking utensils
- Fill the plastic tub 1/3 full of water.
- Give your child 5-6 objects of different sizes, shapes, openings, etc. to play in the water.
- If you are having water play time inside, I suggest laying down a waterproof table cloth and towel under the tub.
- The clear packing containers with low sides work well for water play.
- Let your child use their imagination when they play.
- Play along side of your child.
- This experiment will teach your child about volume, objects that sink and float, motor skills, hand eye coordination and measuring.