Teri Gault Offers Money Saving Travel Tips
- Thursday, 10 March 2011
- Family Travel
- Teri Gault, founder of www.thegrocerygame.com, shares her ideas on what to pack and how to save money when you travel:
- Plastic Bags: Clear bags are required for your carry-on items but colored plastic bags are inexpensive and fun to use in your suitcase (especially for wet items).
- Buy an All-In-One Razor: This item comes with the shaving gel attached.
- Stay Healthy: Bring hand sanitizer with moisturizer.
- Avoid Bed Bugs: Purchase STOP BUGGING ME!™ to eliminate and prevent those pesky bugs. Use it on hotel beds and airplane seats.
- Stay Hydrated: After security, buy two water bottles in case of unexpected delays.
- Pack Treats: Bring fruits and nuts to avoid paying for costly (and unhealthy) snack offered by airlines.
- Be Ready to Run: Throw in a pair of sneakers for tight connections.
- Save with Flexibility: Utilize websites to bid on rooms at lower rates and travel mid-week.
- Mind Your Meals: Cut costs by going to the local grocery store to buy breakfast items or order in pizza. Save on restaurants costs and instead of dinner, go for lunch.
- Utilize the Web: Before you leave, visit helpful websites such as groupon.com, goldstar.com, chowhound.com and aaa.com to save money.