Octopus Hot Dog
- Thursday, 27 January 2011
- Silly Snacks
- Hot dog
- Spinach pasta
- Miscellaneous vegetables
- Goldfish crackers
- Using a sharp knife, cut the hot dog in half, lengthwise, leaving 1/3 of the hot dog uncut.
- Cut the halves in half and then in half again. You will have eight cut pieces. These are the legs of the octopus.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and boil hot dog until the legs curl.
- Remove the hot dog and boil the pasta.
- Place the pasta on the plate and the hot dog on top of the pasta.
- Place vegetables around the seaweed to represent underwater animals and plants. Pieces of cauliflower for brain coral, rotini pasta stuffed with bean sprouts or zucchini for sea anemonies, cherry tomatoes scooped out for treasure chests filled with peas/"emeralds", garbanzo beans/"diamonds", kidney beans/"rubies", celery thinly sliced for seaweed.
- If you don't have spinach pasta, add some green food coloring to the water while it is boiling.
- Small portions of vegetables can be purchased at your grocery store's salad bar.