Painter's tape allows your child to create a unique piece of art every time. By laying down pieces of tape on a piece of paper, your child will create what artists call the "negative space". After painting over the paper and tape with a roller, remove the tape and your kids will clearly see the negative space.
- Blue painter's tape
- Construction paper
- Tempra paint
- Foam paint roller
- Place strips of tape on construction paper.
- Using the foam roller, paint across the paper and tape; covering the enitre paper.
- When the paper is dry, remove the tape and reveal your masterpiece.
- Make sure to smooth down tape so paint doesn't leak underneath.
- Use different sizes of tape for different sized lines.
- Use the same technique on a large piece of cardboard and create a large roadway.
- Try painting with a light color, remove some tape strips and paint over with a different color before removing the remaining tape.