The beautiful colors of fall leaves don't last long, with some paper, crayons and a little walk outside, you can create a piece of art that's worthy of framing.
- White paper
- Lay a leaf on a hard surface, vein side up.
- Put the paper over the leaf.
- Use the side of the crayon to rub over the leaf, revealing the shape.
- Repeat the steps with all of the leaves. Over lapping leaves makes an interesting picture.
- Use leaves that are still pliable. If the leaf is too dry, it will crumble during the rubbing.
- Take the paper off the crayons to make rubbing easier.
- Extend the science by comparing the leaves and what type of tree it came from.