Laminating Large Projects
- Wednesday, 16 February 2011
- Tricks You Should Know
- Clear contact paper
- Cut two pieces of contact paper 1" larger than the item you want to laminate.
- Peel the backing off one sheet of paper and lay it on a counter, sticky side up.
- Lay one edge of your item on the contact paper about 1" from the edge.
- Slowly release the item onto the contact paper pressing down as you go. Press firmly over the entire item.
- Peel the paper off the second sheet of contact paper and lay on the counter, sticky side up. Repeat steps 3 and 4.
- Press along the edges firmly to seal the contact paper. Trim the edges leaving about 1/4" of contact paper remaining.
- We like to use Duck brand clear contact paper which is available at Wal Mart.
- Make sure your contact paper is clear and doesn't have an opaque pattern on it.
- Contact paper is available in the kitchen aisle.