Indoor Tennis Racquets
- Thursday, 26 January 2012
- Indoor Activities
When it's too hot or too cold outside, your kids can enjoy a fun game of tennis with these easy to make racquets.
- Two wire hangers
- Two queen-size knee-high stockings
- Duct tape or masking tape
- Large pom pom
- Bend the hook of each hanger together to form the handle for each racquet.
- While holding the handle, pull the straight side of the hanger until it forms an elongated diamond. Repeat for second racquet.
- Place one knee-high over each hanger so that it covers the entire diamond. Pull so the stocking is tight. Tie the excess stocking around the handle in a knot.
- Wind any excess stocking around the racquet handle and cover well with tape.
- Hit the pom pom back and forth with the racquets.
- The gumball knee-highs at Walmart are perfect for this activity.
- You can create a "net" by stretching a piece of string or yarn between two objects and the "ball" has to go over the net.