- Large plastic tub
- Large bowl
- Small toys
- Turkey baster, syringes, eye droppers
- Spice container filled with table salt
- Fill 1/3 bowl with water and freeze.
- When frozen, add several small toys and add water so the bowl is 2/3 full. Freeze. Follow this step one more time until the bowl is full.
- Remove the "iceberg" from the bowl and place in the large plastic tub. Add about 1" of water to the tub.
- Using the turkey baster, syringe, eye dropper and salt, melt the "iceberg" and remove the "pollutants".
- This is a great summer activity and will keep the kids busy for hours.
- Older children will love this activity too.
- Using the baster, syringes and eye droppers will strengthen small motor skills.
- Squirt food coloring on the melting iceberg and discuss color mixing.