How to Introduce Art to Preschoolers
- Monday, 21 February 2011
- Determine 2-3 simple art materials you feel comfortable using; scissors, paper, and glue are good materials to start with.
- Find a place that's comfortable for you and your child to work.
- Cover the work area with newspaper for easy clean up.
- Have your child wear a paint shirt.
- Place the materials within easy reach of you and your child.
- Listen and watch your child as they work. Enjoy the process of creating art.
- Model new ideas by creating them on your project and ask for their opinion. Don't tell your child how to do their project.
- Finish up the activity before your child gets bored or frustrated.
- Clean up together and display the art work.