Your kids will love making all different sizes of drums. We have given you several options of things to use so your drums will sound different.
- Cylindrical item
- Drum skin material
- Paper or other things to decorate the drum
- Rubber bands or duct tape
- Pencils or chopsticks with a foam ball attached for drum sticks
- Glue or tape
- Make sure at least one end of the cylindrical container is open. You can open both ends to change the sound.
- Decorate the drum if desired.
- Stretch the drum skin cover over the opening then use a rubber band or duct tape to hold in place. Make sure the drum skin is very taut. If you have two open sides, you can decide whether to leave it open or to put a drum skin on it too.
- Play music using the drum sticks.
- Cylindrical items: Oatmeal box, juice can, tube, coffee can, bowls
- Drum skin suggestions: balloons, waxed paper, plastic wrap, paper, oil cloth
- Drum stick suggestions: pencils, chopsticks with foam balls on the end, wooden or metal spoons
- Balloons can be a choking hazard.