Crayon Stained Glass
- Thursday, 05 January 2012
Kids will love how crayon shavings melt between waxed paper, blending to make new colors. This is a great indoor activity to do with kids and the crayon stained glass will brighten up your windows.
- Remove the paper from the crayons and grate with grater or shave using scissors.
- Lay a piece of waxed paper on several sheets of folded newspaper.
- Sprinkle crayon shavings over the waxed paper.
- When your child is finished, cover the crayon shavings with another sheet of waxed paper.
- Gently press on the waxed paper with a warm iron until the crayons are melted and the paper is sealed.
- Hang in a sunny window.
- Grate the crayon before starting the project.
- Separate colors of crayon shavings in a muffin tin.