- Thursday, 05 January 2012
Colored salt can be used to make a variety of art projects, it's simple to make, and less expensive than colored sand.
- 1 Cup salt
- Food coloring
- Ziplock baggies
- Place salt and food coloring in a Ziplock bag, removing as much air as possible.
- Knead the contents until all of the salt is colored. Pour the salt onto newspaper lined trays to dry for about 2 hours.
- To make darker colors you will need to add more food coloring.
- To make secondary or unique colors, mix salt with first color then add the second color and mix again.