- Thursday, 10 February 2011
- Tricks You Should Know
You can make lots of beautiful crafts with colored pasta. Try coloring different shapes and sizes of pasta
- Rubbing alcohol
- Ziplock baggie
- Food coloring
- Measuring cup
- Pour 1/4 cup of alcohol and 10 drops of food coloring in a Ziplock baggie and mix thoroughly.
- Add 1 to 2 cups of pasta to the baggie and shake until the pasta is completely covered in color.
- Lay the baggie on the counter for one hour then turn the baggie over and let it sit for another hour. You can let the pasta, alcohol, and food coloring mixture sit for as long as it takes to get the color you want.
- Drain the pasta on a cookie sheet that has been lined with newspaper or wax paper. Let the colored pasta dry overnight.
- You can use this same technique for coloring uncooked rice.