Coffee Filter Melt
Kids can recycle old crayons by melting them on coffee filters to create a beautiful array of colors. It's a great time to introduce them to color mixing.
- Round coffee filters
- Old crayons
- Grater or scissors
- Cookie sheet
- Muffin tin
- Cover a cookie sheet with foil and preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Peel paper off the crayons. Grate them with the grater or scissors and place the shavings in the muffin tin cups.
- Flatten the coffee filter and place it on the foil-lined cookie sheet.
- Decorate the filter with crayon shavings.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven. Keep an eye on the crayons as it only takes a few minutes for the to melt.
- Remove the cookie sheets from the oven and cool. Hang the filters in the window.