Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows
- Tuesday, 06 December 2011
- Cooking With Kids
Kids can make a delicious gift for friends and family this holiday season. Friends will love the hot cocoa mix and chocolate dipped marshmallows on a cold winter day. Put it together with a holiday mug and you have a gift for anyone.
- 12 oz of chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon Crisco
- 1 Bag large marshmallows
- Lollipop sticks
- Holiday sprinkles
- Waxed paper
- Candy bags
- Melt the chocolate and Crisco over low heat in a double boiler. If you don't have a double boiler, place the chocolate and crisco in a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave. Cook the mixture for 30 seconds at a time stirring in between until melted.
- Push lollipop sticks into marshmallows. Hold the lollipop stick and dip the marshmallow into the chocolate. Let some of the chocolate drip off of the marshmallow.
- Put some sprinkles on a sheet of waxed paper. Roll the chocolate dipped marshmallow in the sprinkles. Set the marshmallow on another sheet of waxed paper to dry.
- Package the cocoa in a bag and the marshmallows in another bag. Tie the bags with a holiday ribbon and give to someone special.
- Dip candy canes in chocolate for a minty hot cocoa stir stick.
- Lollipop sticks are available at craft stores in the candy making aisle.