Colorful soap bubbles make beautiful prints for a different type of art. Most of all kids will love creating the bubbles.
- 6 ounce cups
- 1/2 cup water for each cup
- 1 tsp dishwashing soap for each cup
- Food coloring or paint
- Rimmed baking sheet
- Plastic drinking straws
- 4" squares of white construction paper
- Mix water, soap and a few drops of food coloring in the plastic cup. Repeat for each new color.
- Place the cups on the rimmed baking sheet and add a straw to each cup.
- Blow bubbles through the straw until the bubbles overflow from the cup.
- Remove the straw and place the paper on top of the bubbles.
- Gently pat the paper while it is on the bubbles.
- Remove the paper. You can blow bubbles in another color and print on the same paper.
- Make sure your child knows how to blow out of the straw before beginning this project.
- To teach your child how to blow out of the straw, tell them it is like blowing out birthday candles.
- Use coffee mugs if you don't have six ounce cups.