Changing a baby's diaper may seem challenging at first but after a few changes, you'll be a pro.
There are a few differences between changing a girl's diaper and a boy's diaper. Watch the video for great step-by-step directions and good hygiene tips for your baby.
- Clean diaper
- Baby wipes
- Diaper cream
- Gather all of your supplies together before beginning the diaper changing process.
- Remove or unsnap your baby's clothing so you can access the diaper. Be sure to place the clothes up high enough on his tummy so they don't get dirty.
- Place a clean diaper under your baby, then open the diaper and use the front of the diaper to wipe in a downwards motion. Then wipe in the same manner with the wipes. Be sure to get in all the crevices.
- Fold the front of the dirty diaper under your baby's bottom, lift his bottom and remove the dirty diaper.
- Wipe diaper cream on your baby's bottom to make the next diaper easier to clean up after and to protect baby's sensitive skin.
- Place the front of the diaper over your baby and hold in place. Attach the diaper tabs tightly across the diaper. When you are finished, you should be able to place one or two fingers in the front of the diaper. If you can't, loosen the diaper. If you can fit more than two fingers, tighten the diaper.
- After you have opened a little boy's diaper, cover his penis with a burp cloth to avoid any accidents.
- Always wipe a little girl from front to back to prevent infections.
- If your baby still has there umbilical stump, fold the top of the diaper down about 1 inch so it won't irritate the stump.
- Always point a boy's penis down inside the diaper so he won't wet his clothes or himself.