Easy Organizational Project
- Monday, 07 March 2011
- Around the House
Simple ways to start your first organizational project. This will take approximately 30 minutes.
- Start small; everyone has a junk drawer, that's a great place to begin.
- Remove everything from the drawer on to a clean counter.
- Declutter; throw away items that are broken, missing pieces, don't work or haven't been used in at least 6 months.
- If items on the counter don't belong in the drawer, put them where they belong.
- Wipe out drawer.
- Use dividers to hold objects. You can use purchased dividers, small boxes, plastic food storage containers, or expandable spring loaded dividers.
- Group items together; pencils and pens, rubber bands, batteries, etc.
- Label the dividers according to what they will hold.
- Place items in the appropriate divider.