- Tuesday, 08 February 2011
- Teaching Kids to Organize
- Kids who have some organizational skills can tell you how they like their books organized but may need some initial help with the process.
- Remove the books from the bookshelf and clean it.
- Ask your child if they have ideas on how to organize the books to make it easier to find them or put them away. Remember their idea my be different from yours.
- Go through the books and make sure they are in good condition and remove books your child doesn't read anymore.
- Help your child organize the books and replace them on the shelf. Add labels to the shelf to help your child keep up their organization.
- If your child's idea doesn't quite work, ask if you can give them a suggestion to improve their idea.
- When a new book is added to the shelf, an old book should be put in storage. This will keep the supply of books manageable.