Using Organizational Products
- Tuesday, 08 February 2011
- Organizational Tools
- Organizational products are everywhere and it's easy to want to buy things because they are "cute". Many of the products you will use for organizing will be stored behind closed doors and don't need to be "cute". Here are our tips on selecting organizational products while keeping the cost down.
- Know what you need before your shop. Complete your decluttering process then, measure the cabinets, drawers and shelves. Make a list of how you will organize items and the size of container you will need.
- Using clear storage boxes is our favorite way to store items behind closed doors. The clear boxes allow you to see all the contents, are easily stacked, durable and come in many sizes. Clear storage boxes can be purchased at Wal Mart.
- The storage and kitchen aisles at Wal Mart provide a variety of products that are less expensive ways to organize.
- Be creative with your storage solutions. A trash can can be used for many other storage items besides trash. It's a perfect way to store wrapping paper and swimming noodles.
- Baskets and fabric bins are perfect for decorative storage and are available in many colors at Wal Mart.
- If you have an unusual storage need, try online organizational sites or various stores in your area such as craft or discount stores, bath stores, Pier 1, etc.
- Purchase containers that are manageable. It can be tempting to buy a large container because it will hold everything. However, if the container is too awkward to carry or too heavy when it is full, use smaller containers.
- Square containers are our favorite choices because they fit cabinets, drawers, and shelves better. Round containers leave a lot of unusable space.
- Use containers you already have around the house such as food containers, shoe boxes, and jars. It's a great way to recycle and they're free!