The One Touch Rule: Each time a piece of paper, email, letter or phone call comes home or across your desk or phone, deal with it that day!
- In other words, only "touch" correspondence one time.
- Sign permission slips, put on the calendar and return to school
- Respond to invitations, recorded on the calendar and write "purchase gift" on your "to do" list
- Record kid activities and school events on the family calendar
- Open mail and file accordingly
- Confirm doctor appointments
By dealing with the paper, calls and emails daily, usually at the end of the day, and putting everything immediately onto one master calendar, you stay on top of who is going where, when, with whom and what they will need.