Mop to the Music
- Tuesday, 08 March 2011
- Around the House
Finding the motivation or time, especially with infants and toddlers around, to start housecleaning can seem as daunting as climbing to the top of Mount Everest. Motivate yourself, and your kids, to clean by turning on music.
- Here's how
- Bring on the Beat: Select an album or music genre to which you know you like to sing and/or dance.
- Turn it Up: Blast the music and invite the vacuum be your dance partner. Get into the beat and sing! The Windex bottle makes a great microphone. Clean, sing, clean!
- Bring in a little help: Give the duster to your toddler - it’s a new toy to them and a help to you.
- Build a Band: Invite your playgroup to join you. Some of the adults clean while others play with the children. In a sweep of the broom, your house will be clean. Go on tour and reciprocate at each other’s homes.
- Applaud: Relish at the rock star (that would be you) in the newly shined mirrors.