- Monday, 20 December 2010
- Kitchen Tricks
- Wrinkly grape tomatoes
- Cloves of garlic
- Olive oil
- Oven proof pan
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Place tomatoes and garlic in an oven-proof pan and drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
- Place the pan in the oven and roast about 30 minutes, turning the tomatoes and garlic frequently.
- Remove pan from the oven and allow tomatoes and garlic to cool.
- Place contents of the pan into a blender and puree.
- This makes a delicious tomato paste for pasta sauce.
- Because you may only have a few tomatoes, adjust the garlic and oil accordingly.
- This puree can be frozen in Ziplock bags or ice cube trays.