- Monday, 22 August 2011
- Creating Routines
Organization is the most difficult part of creating routines. More often than not, it's disorganization and clutter that create upheaval in the house and with routines. You may need to spend a fair amount of time organizing, but here are some simple organizational routines you can implement right away.
- The Paper Trail and Other Stuff
- Create a binder for extracurricular/school activities that you constantly access.
- Create a binder for address books.
- Create a binder for take-out and restaurant menus.
- Go through your child's paperwork daily. Throw away most of it! Take care of the important information and file items you want to keep.
- Designate places for your keys, briefcase, backpacks, etc. These items should always be placed in their "spot" unless you are using them.
- Label everything so everyone knows where things should go.
Once these few things are organized, everyone will know where to find what they need.