- Thursday, 07 July 2011
- Creating Routines
- Coming home can be peaceful for everyone when you have a consistent homecoming routine.
- Decompress on the way home. Put on some relaxing music, make social calls or calls to check things off of your to-do list. Be reasonable about what you can accomplish on the way home.
- Set aside 5-15 minutes for everyone to have some alone time when you get home. Use this time to change clothes, go through the mail, sit and relax.
- Change your clothes.
- Set out nutritious pre-dinner snacks to curb appetites.
- Have healthy dinner options during busy nights. Prepared meals from your grocery store, prepared meals in the freezer, share cooking with friends, 30 minute meals or use a slow cooker.